IMPORTANT: When you schedule the State Exam, be sure to leave enough time to finish your online training AND at least a week or two to study your exam prep workbook (the printed book you received in the mail).
- You will take this test on a computer.
- This is NOT an open book test.
- Reschedule 2 days in advance before 5:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
- Cancel 2 days in advance before 5:00PM Pacific Standard Time.
- Schedule 1 day in advance before 4:00PM Pacific Standard Time (space permitting).
On the day of the State Exam, you MUST bring proper identification and the Course Completion Certificate you earned from our online training. Proper ID includes a valid driver’s license, passport or military ID. Leave early for the exam in case of traffic or other delays. The state suggests you arrive 30 minutes prior to your scheduled exam time.
- You cannot bring anything into the testing center except your ID.
- Testing centers do not have lockers or storage space available.
- You will be able to take a restroom break but your break will take away from the time you have to finish the exam.
- You will receive your score from the exam proctor immediately upon finishing the exam.
Depending on the license you want, you will be answering 75 to 150 questions with up to 3 hours to finish. Don’t panic if someone leaves before you. A variety of license exams (life, health, casualty, adjuster, etc.) are given at the state exam test center. Others may be done before you because they are taking a shorter exam for an entirely different license.
Read exam questions carefully. People fail simply because they didn’t read the question. Make sure you read every single word in BOTH the question and answer choices. Always watch for words like except, all, ever, always, never or not…Understand what they are asking for.
Eliminate choices that are clearly wrong, the select the answer that is the most correct. Questions may be poorly written, perhaps on purpose, so try not to be distracted if the question or answer does not make sense. Shoot for the best response for your best interpretation of the question being asked.
Pace yourself. Do not spend too much time on any one question. If you don’t know the answer to a question you can choose “skip the question” and come back later. If you answer a question and still unsure, choose “flag the question” to come back later to change it.
If you work steady and you studied our practice exams with high scores, you should have plenty of time to finish.